What are your kids dressing up as for Halloween? I know my kids start thinking about Halloween costumes as soon as the school year begins. They also like to help create their own DIY Halloween costumes.
Cartoon and movie characters are always popular Halloween costumes, as are dark and scary figures… my kids are into anything that will scare the living daylights out of people, including zombies, vampires, skeletons and the Grim Reaper.
Here are 30 DIY Halloween costumes for kids. If your kids are still searching for the perfect DIY Halloween costume, Netflix characters provide inspiration for kids too!
30 DIY Halloween Costumes for Kids
1. Astrid from Netflix’s Dragons: Race to the Edge on RedHeadedPatti.com
2. Ty from Netflix’s Dinotrux on RedHeadedPatti.com
3. Lego Batman Costume on Wholesale Halloween Costumes
4. Mailman on Making of a Mom
5. Construction Worker on Making of a Mom
6. Elmo on Do Try This at Home
7. Mad Scientist at Simply Being Mommy
8. Greek Goddess at Uncommon Designs
9. Gumball Machine at Costume-Works
10. Elsa from Frozen on WhatsupFagans.com
11. Football and player on Barefeet on the Dashboard
12. Knights and Princess on Barefeet on the Dashboard
13. Poison Ivy Fairy on Mission to Save
14. The Riddler on Mission to Save
15. Princess Leia on Mission to Save
16. The Incredibles on C’mon Get Crafty
17. Medusa on The Tip Toe Fairy
18. Baby Shark on At Home with Sweett
19. Police Officer at DIY Danielle
20. Cute Little Bee at At Home with Sweett
21. Minnie Mouse at Embracing Beauty
22. Emmet from Lego at How I Pinch a Penny
23. Gingerbread at The Coupon Challenge
24. Sons of Anarchy at Where the Smiles Have Been.
25. Cutest Chicken at Coolest Homemade Costumes
26. Cabbage Patch Doll at Costume Works
27. Zombie at Coolest Homemade Costumes
28. Thing 1 and 2 at Coolest Homemade Costumes
29. Mummy at Nellie Bellie
30. Owl at Alpha Mom
In the spirit of Halloween falling on the 31st day, I give you one more costume idea – one I handmade myself! I sewed/glued together this Scream and Zombie costume for my boys. As you can see from their poses, they are taking their roles very seriously!