On Wednesday, I attended a wonderful TELUS Wellness Learning Centre Session that didn’t fall short of impressing.
We started off the event with a low-impact workout … now when I think low-impact, I think yoga, maybe Tai Chi. Nope! Lyzabeth Lopez, owner of the Hourglass Workout & Sexy Pilates, led us on a butt-burning session where I got to get up close and personal with @vivimaria, Health & Beauty editor of @urbanebloc. My glutes are still store!
We then enjoyed a super-healthy lunch and learned all about the new Samsung GALAXY S4 device and received one to keep! What’s so new about the Samsung GALAXY S4 from TELUS?
- With the world’s first-ever Full HD Super AMOLED display, the GALAXY S4’s five-inch screen showcases images in stunning resolution.
- It boasts the Dual Camera mode including a 13-megapixel rear camera.
- With the S-Translator, you can say or text what you need translated and the GALAXY S4 will read or text the translation back to you.
- Features like Smart Pause, Air View, Air Gesture and Optical Reader detect your motions, face and voice to enable screen control with no need for finger touch activation – and you can use the screen with gloves too!
- Simply plug in your phone to your TV with HDMI and view on the big screen!
The Samsung GALAXY S4 is so feature-packed that TELUS is offering Learning Centre Sessions where device specialists can help explain the various devices.
We also learned about UP by Jawbone, a wristband and app that aids in tracking how you sleep, move and eat, ultimately helping you use this information to make healthy life changes. Up by Jawbone will be available online and in select TELUS stores across Canada starting this summer.
TELUS has partnered with Rethink Breast Cancer to encourage Canadians to “raise their paws to support the cause” and will donate $300,000 to Rethink Breast Cancer (and QBCF in Quebec).
Starting in May and while quantities last, TELUS will include this free, uniquely designed case with each purchase of a white Samsung GALAXY S4. To show its continued support to breast cancer prevention efforts, TELUS will also donate $25 to Rethink Breast Cancer (or QBCF in Quebec) for each purchase of a white Samsung GALAXY S4. Join the conversation on Twitter by tweeting using the hashtag #raiseyourpaws.
To top off the organized and informative event, TELUS donated $50 to Rethink Breast Cancer in my name.
Since 2008, TELUS has given $5.4 million towards research, early detection and treatment of breast cancer in Canada which is very impressive. Definitely a brand that is using their power to do good.