#NationalColouringDay! One favourite pastime of our childhood is now popular again with adults, prompting this post on the top 10 adult colouring books. Why are adult colouring books so popular?
Colouring has been said to be able to help adults achieve mindfulness and reduce stress. While some may turn to playing music or exercising to let off some steam, others find colouring as relaxing and therapeutic.
Psychiatrist Carl Jung encouraged his patients to colour as a way to help them express some of the deeper parts of their psyche, and to calm and center their minds. Some may argue creating your own piece of art is more effective in prompting creativity and mindfulness. However, others praise adult colouring books as inspiring their artistic side.
In honour of National Colouring Day, here are the top 10 adult colouring books:
Top 10 Adult Colouring Books
1. Animal Kingdom: Color Me, Draw Me | Price: $16.09
2. Creative Haven Animal Mosaics Coloring Book | Price: $5.99
3. Adult Coloring Book for Relaxation: Calming Mandalas and Patterns for Adults | Price: $10.99
4. Adult Coloring Books: Featuring Mandalas, Flowers, and Geometric Designs | Price: $7.99
5. Creative Haven® Tessellation Patterns Coloring Book | Price: $5.99
6. Cities Coloring Book: Color your way to Calm | Price: $8.99
7. Posh Adult Coloring Book: Soothing Designs for Fun and Relaxation | Price: $10.91
8. Indie Rock Coloring Book | Price: $11.55
9. Enchanted Forest: An Inky Quest & Coloring Book | Price: $19.89
10. Calming Colouring: Pattern: 80 Blissful Patterns to Colour In | Price: $8.88