Rainy weather shouldn’t stop you from having some fun! A thunderstorm or a rainy day is the perfect time to try a new craft or do fun activities together.
When the kids are bored, bust out this list of 25 Things to Do on a Rainy Day to keep you busy!
- Have a dance party.
- Do a fun craft. Have a bin full of craft items handy for times like these.
- Paint a big picture together.
- Dress up in your best outfit (or silly outfits) and take pictures of each other.
- Organize your photos into albums.
- Get some magazines and let the kids create a collage.
- Play a board game.
- Read a book.
- Do exercises together.
- Draw portraits of each other.
- Play video games together.
- Do crossword puzzles.
- Have the kids go through their rooms and find items to donate.
- Make play dough from scratch.
- Play I Spy.
- Let your kids paint your nails and do your makeup; take turns.
- Watch old baby videos.
- Meditate with the kids – or try to at least.
- Look through old photo albums.
- Have the kids draw pictures or write letters to a family member or friend and mail them out.
- Bake a batch of chocolate chip cookies.
- Set up an indoor scavenger hunt.
- Create a scrapbook for each child; have them decorate the cover and add the content.
- Watch a movie and make popcorn.
- Have a nap!
Great list!! Should be getting lots of use this summer! ;(
Sadly yes! It hasn’t been the best weather this year. Boo. Hiss.
This list is amazing! I love your posts.
Can I translate it in Japanese and introduce it in my blog (about parenting)?
I believe this article is really helpful since it’s rainy season in Japan.
If you are okay, I will translate it and put a link to your blog.
Thanks for the fun ideas please consider checking out some of our craft and activities to do indoors! http://Www.busytykes.com!
hi im tidying up my room and i would want help