When a huge retail store like Costco Wholesale opens in a new town, everybody knows about it! And when you multiply that by two openings in one week, people are understandably excited!
That’s what happened in Orillia and Vaughan when the giant box store officially opened its doors this week on July 25 in Orillia and July 26 in Vaughan.
People were lined up outside with Costco memberships in hand, ready to do some serious retail damage. In Orillia in Simcoe County, people were lined up around each side of the building!
I had the pleasure of attending preview parties at both locations as well as their official Grand Openings. You could feel the excitement brewing at the private parties, up until the minute the ribbon was cut.
I made sure to stock up on our must-have P&G household products like Tide detergent, Bounty paper towels, Charmin bathroom tissue. Both locations were handing out full-size samples of their popular Tide Pods with Downy!
Take advantage of your membership online and shop 24/7 on Costco.ca, where you’ll find thousands of items not available in warehouses. Make sure to peruse the website; there are many larger items such furniture for sale that you can’t find in store!
Don’t forget there are weekly savings available starting Mondays. They can be viewed online here. There are some wonderful deals for the grand opening, including Birkenstocks for only $59.99, designer handbags for a limited time only, Charmin Ultra Soft 30 roll for $14.99, $3 off chicken in the meat department, $5 (regular $10) for various cheese, and so much more.
To celebrate the Grand Openings, I’m hosting a Twitter party on Wednesday, August 2 at 8:00 p.m. There will be prizes to be won, including P&G prize packs and Costco memberships!
Time: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 from 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST
Be sure to RSVP below to participate and make sure you’re following all of our Twitter Party team! To RSVP, put your twitter handle (@mytwittername) in the “Your Response” box and the link to your twitter profile in the “Link” box.
Twitter Party Rules
- You must be a resident of Canada, excluding Quebec residents, age 18 or older in order to participate in the contest.
- In order to enter into the contest, you must correctly answer (on Twitter) at least one question posed during the Twitter Party using the hashtag #CostcoGrandOpening
- In order to enter the contest you must follow @amotherworld, @homewithaneta, @parentclub and @inRdream so that you can receive direct messages in the event that you win.
- Winners will be chosen during the Twitter Party based on participation, engagement and/or awesome tweets! #CostcoGrandOpening
- Winners will be announced via Twitter. Only 1 prize per participant. Winners will have to answer a skill-testing question to claim their prize.
- Employees or representatives of Costco and P&G and persons with whom they are domiciled may not enter the contest.
Please RSVP here:
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- SPONSOR: The sponsors of this Contest and prizing is P&G Canada (hereafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsors”) .
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Costco Canada #CostcoGrandOpening Twitter Party Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Savings Time (EST) on August 2, 2017 and ends at 9:00 p.m. Eastern Savings Time (EST) on August 2, 2017 (the “Contest Period”). Six (6) to Seven (7) questions will be tweeted throughout the Contest Period in approximate 10 (10) minute intervals commencing at 9:05 p.m. Eastern Savings Time (EST). You will receive one (1) entry per draw for each Response to an Initiating Tweet that is available to the Contest Sponsors through Twitter at the beginning of each Draw Period (as defined below).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence at the time of entry may enter, except employees or contingent staff of Costco Canada and P&G Canada. (“Costco”, the contest administrator) and their respective affiliates and their advertising and promotional agencies, prize suppliers and other representatives and the immediate family of such employees and persons with whom such employees are domiciled, “Immediate family” is defined as parents, siblings, children or spouse. In addition, Costco and P&G Canada is committed to complying with government gift and ethics rules and therefore government employees are not eligible to participate.
- TO PLAY: You must be a registered user on Twitter (a third party Web site) to participate. If you do not have a Twitter account, follow the onscreen instructions to register for a free Twitter account at www.twitter.com. You will be asked to provide your first and last name and email address and to set up a username and password. You may also be asked to answer optional questions; however, they need not be answered in order to be eligible for the Game. You must also RSVP for the contest at the provided link by adding your Twitter username and link to your Twitter profile. YOU MUST REGISTER BY THE ABOVE REGISTRATION METHOD TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST.
During the Contest Period, the Contest Sponsor Hosts will tweet questions relating to the Costco Grand Opening (the “Initiating Tweets”), participants do not need to reply to any of the hosts or sponsor but MUST tweet with the hashtag #CostcoGrandOpening and share with the community (a “Response”). Six (6) to Seven (7) questions will be tweeted throughout the Contest Period. You will receive one (1) entry per draw for each Response to an Initiating Tweet through Twitter before the end of each Draw Period (approximately five minutes after Initiating Tweets). Each Response must include the #CostcoGrandOpening hashtag and Question Number in the following format: Q1, Q2, etc. and must be a relevant response to the question in the Initiating Tweet, as determined at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors Host. In order to enter the contest you must follow @amotherworld, @parentclub, @inrdream and @homewithaneta so that you can receive direct messages in the event that you win.
Contest Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, unintelligible or lost Responses. Contest Sponsors’ time clock is the official clock for this Contest.
- HOW TO WIN: Draws will be held during the Contest Period.
At the end of each Draw Period, Winners will be chosen during the Twitter Party based on participation, engagement and/or awesome tweets! #CostcoGrandOpening (a third party service) will be held from among all eligible entries received (see Rule 2 above) to select an entrant eligible to win the Prize associated with each Draw Period. Entrants eligible to win will be requested to fill out a form to obtain shipping address and phone number for prize delivery and will be required to agree to the official Contest Rules and successfully answer a mathematical skill-testing question in order to be declared a winner. All winners will be contacted within 2 hours of the Contest Period (see Rule 2 above).
- PRIZE DETAILS/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES/ODDS: FIVE (5) Executive Memberships to Costco with an arv CDN $110 each with FIVE (5) P&G Prize Packs with an arv CDN $30 each. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during each Draw Period. Limit one (1) prize per person, per Twitter account, and per household. Winner must accept the prize as stated. Prize cannot be substituted, transferred or exchanged or surrendered for cash, except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors, who reserve the right, at their sole and absolute discretion and for any reason, to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value, including without limitation, a cash award. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Allow up to 6 weeks to receive prize.
- GENERAL: Entrants eligible to win may be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release, within fourteen (14) days of attempted notification and delivery of documents. Failure to comply with this condition, correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, comply with the Contest Rules, or return of prize documents as undeliverable will result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize, without compensation. By participating, entrants who win a Prize consent to the use of their Twitter account name, first and last name, and likeness for advertising, promotion, and publicity purposes related to the Contest without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Contest or any related electronic system. In the event of an identity dispute, the entry will be considered made by the individual who can respond to a Direct Message on Twitter. By participating in the Contest, entrants release and agree to hold harmless the Contest Sponsors and their respective parent companies, affiliates or related companies, directors, employees, officers and agents, including without limitation, her advertising/promotion agencies from any and all liability, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to personal injury or death, arising from or in connection with participation in the Contest, or the awarding, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize and/or with respect to participation in any prize-related activity. Entrants agree to abide by these Official Contest Rules, and decisions of the Contest Sponsors, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Contest. The Contest Sponsors and their agencies are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications-line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access of the Web site; or downloading materials from or use of the Web site. If, in the Contest Sponsors’ opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, the Contest Sponsors reserves the right to disqualify suspected entrants and/or modify or terminate the Contest in a manner deemed reasonable by the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion. Standard text messaging rates apply if you opt-in to receive Tweets via a cellular phone.
Disclosure: This post is proudly sponsored by Costco Canada and Procter & Gamble Canada. As always, the opinions expressed herein are my own.