Over the March Break, I had a chance to try out the Microsoft Surface 3 for a #MicrosoftMarchBreak challenge! My kids and I spent some time familiarizing ourselves with this powerful little device, and participated in a scavenger hunt of tech sorts!
Microsoft Surface 3 Laptop and Tablet in One
The Surface 3 is the smallest and most compact member of the Surface family, and is a tablet with the full power of a laptop. It’s the perfect size to take with you anywhere.
Click in the keyboard and flip out the integrated Kickstand, and you have a laptop that runs all your programs, no matter where you are. Remove the keyboard and you have yourself a tablet for on-the-go.
This little machine, which is on sale now, packs a big punch. It does everything you need for both business and home. What I found surprising is that it has advanced wireless capabilities and all the ports you need.
With its new Intel processor, Surface 3 is fast, responsive, and can run anything you need. Office runs smoothly, and I can use the internet quickly as on any laptop.
I love that I can use the Surface 3 for taking photos and video. The kickstand is like a built-in tripod! As a blogger, I absolutely love that I can use the front and back camera feature.
The keyboard works well, and is of the proper size for my fingers as a regular laptop keyboard. It’s easy to detach, and put back for use with the kickstand. The stylus is very cool too for use as a tablet; drawing or writing notes can be fun.
The Surface 3 is ultra-thin, feather-light which is great for taking with me anywhere in my purse. The battery life is great too; the Surface 3 has up to 10 hours of video playback.
- 10.8-inch screen with 1920 x 1280 Full HD Plus resolution displays vibrant images, with accurate colours, and crisp, clear text
- 1.6GHz Quad Core Intel Atom x7 -Z8700, with 4GB RAM, ensures fast, fluid response; multimedia and productivity applications run smooth, so you don’t need to compromise capability for convenience
- Intel Burst technology provides up to 2.4GHz of on-demand processing power
- 128GB of internal storage space, for all your applications, photos, videos, music, documents, and more; microSD card reader lets you expand multimedia storage capacity
- Thin and lightweight, just 622g, yet constructed from a durable magnesium body, so you can take it anywhere with confidence
- Runs Windows and Office perfectly, with seamless integration of touch apps from the Windows Store; you can also easily run other desktop software favourites like iTunes or Photoshop Essentials
- Full-size USB 3.0 port gives you the flexibility to connect a variety of storage or peripheral devices
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.0 allow you to access the internet via any wireless home network or public hot spot, and connect wirelessly to compatible devices
- Optional pen (sold separately) provides a more natural, intuitive writing experience
- Palm block technology lets you rest your hand on the tablet as you write or sketch, without leaving marks or triggering unwanted functions
- 8.0 megapixel rear-facing camera with auto-focus; 3.5MP front-facing camera
- Optional click-in keyboard (sold separately) offers a lightweight solution for a more familiar and tactile typing experience
- Signature 3-position kickstand lets you choose the best angle, whether you’re typing, browsing the internet, or watching a movie
- Stereo speakers with Dolby audio
- Enjoy up to 10 hours of battery life while you work, browse, play games, or watch movies
- Includes pre-installed apps like Skype, OneDrive, and Bing Smart Search
- Includes free 1-year subscription of Office 365 Personal
- Mini DisplayPort and micro USB charging port
- This device is installed with Windows 10
Surface Pro 4
Microsoft is also introducing the Surface 4! Save up to $350 on Surface Pro 4
The Surface Pro 4 powers through tough tasks, while being lighter than ever! The 12.3-inch display has extremely high contrast and low glare. You can go from laptop to tablet with the multi-position Kickstand and keyboard, and jot down notes and ideas with Surface Pen. It’s the perfect device if you’re looking to run desktop software just like a laptop.
Price: Starting at $1,099.00 (regular price starting at $1,179.00) from March 24 to March 29, 2016.
Available at MicrosoftStore.ca