It seems rare that locally-grown peaches are still available in farmers markets and grocery stores this time of year! We still have plenty and love a good peach pie or this delicious gluten-free dairy-free peach loaf. Those of you lucky folks who can still consume wheat and dairy can make this recipe with regular flour and milk.
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Peach Loaf
5-6 peaches, peeled and chopped
1 cup coconut palm sugar
½ cup grapeseed oil
½ cup almond milk (or regular milk if you’re not dairy-free)
2 cups gluten-free flour (3/4 cups almond flour, ½ cup sorghum flour, ½ cup brown rice flour, ¼ cup tapioca flour) + 1/8th teaspoon xanthan gum (or 2 cups flour if you’re not gluten-free)
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Peel and chop peaches; add to a bowl and sprinkle the cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
- In a bowl mix flours, xanthan gum, baking powder and sea salt together; set aside.
- In a stand mixer, blend oil and sugar until well blended. Add eggs and mix; then add almond milk and vanilla.
- In two parts, add gluten-free flour mix until blended. Remove from the stand mixer, and fold in the peach mixture.
- Pour into the parchment-paper-lined loaf pan, and bake for 1 hour.
- Once cooled, remove loaf from pan. Enjoy!