These gluten-free coconut chocolate chip cookies can be whipped up in a few minutes. Great for a quick protein, high-fiber snack and they are quite filling!
½ cup extra virgin olive oil (or butter)
½ cup coconut palm sugar
1 cup coconut flour
4 eggs (or 1 egg and 4 egg whites)
½ cup chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli brand of chocolate chips)
¼ cups walnuts
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
½ tbsp vanilla extract
Dash of salt
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. In stand mixer, mix together butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs and salt on low speed.
3. Stir in flour, then chocolate chips, walnuts and coconut. Mix until well combined.
4. Line a cookie tray with parchment paper.
5. Using a spoon, form dough into balls. These cookies don’t spread so flatten slightly.
6. Bake for about 10 minutes until lightly golden.