With all of the back-to-school shopping, paperwork and deadlines, back-to-school time can go by in a blur. One day you are sending your baby to Kindergarten; the next you blink and graduation is right around the corner.
Don’t let these precious moments slip right by. The first day of school is a fantastic time to ask your child some important questions and record his or her answers. Keep the first day of school answers in a notebook or make scrapbook pages out of them. When they are all grown off and ready to leave the nest, you’ll love looking back and remembering. Here are 25 great question ideas to get you started!
25 Interview Questions to Ask Your Child on the First Day of School
1. What is your name? (Have them write it and watch their handwriting change throughout the years.)
2. How big are you? (Height and weight)
3. What grade are you going into?
4. What is your teacher’s name?
5. What is your favorite subject?
6. What is your least favorite subject?
7. Who are your best friends?
8. What are your favorite things to do with your friends?
9. What are you really good at?
10. What do you need more practice at?
11. What do you want to be when you grow up?
12. What is your favorite color?
13. What is your favorite book?
14. What is your favorite food?
15. What is your favorite movie?
16. What is your favorite T.V. show?
17. What is your favorite song?
18. What are you most looking forward to this year?
19. What is something you want to learn more about this year?
20. What is the best part about being in _____ grade?
21. What is the worst part about being in _____ grade?
22. What special talents and abilities do you have
23. What makes you happy?
24. What makes you sad?
25. What else should we know about you?
How was your child’s first day of school?
Wife and mom to two very energetic little boys, when Brittany isn’t busy chasing after her kidlets, you can find her reading, writing or sneaking chocolate so she doesn’t have to share–probably all of the above!