While our kids are out of school and staying home during this unprecedented time, there are many online educational resources for kids to continue learning as much as possible. Here are 125+ free and useful educational websites for kids to keep them learning and entertained.
125+ Free and Useful Educational Websites for Kids
- Math practice from counting to algebra and geometry at MathScore.
- Interactive elementary – grade 6 math
- Math Games, Logic Puzzles and Brain Builders at MathBuilders.
- Motivate 1st to 8th-grade students to learn and practice math at Prodigy.
- Math and language games at Arcademics.
- Free printable K-8 Reading and Math printable worksheets.
- Math and logic problems grade 1 – 12.
- Great Minds Math on the go.
- Fun math and reading games at Abcya.com.
- Scholastic Learn at Home.
- Fave kids books read by famous people – Story Online
- Reading passages for grades 3-12, with reading comprehension and discussion questions. Common Lit.
- Grammar practice for middle grades – Classroom Cereal
- Engaging reading game for grades 2-8 – SquigglePark.com
- Brainbox Games is your hub for educational technology.
- An online curriculum that builds better writers.
- Teaches students how to write a paragraph through an interactive online tutorial.
- Into the Book for reading comprehension.
- News and more for kids at Youngzine.
- Work on the 8 parts of speech at Grammaropolis.
- ReadWorks is an online resource of reading passages and lesson plans for students of all levels K-12.
- Phonics worksheets for kids at Fun Fonix.
- Free stories online ages 3-12.
- Randomly generates 356,300,262,144 story starters.
- National Geographic Young Explorers is a magazine designed specifically for kindergarten and first-grade students. Read along!
- National Gallery of Art offers computer-based activities in art and art history.
- Crafts and educational activities at Education.com.
- Crafts, activities, printables at AllKidsNetwork.
- Fun games, recipes, crafts, activities at HighlightsKids.
- Art games, investigations and printables at Artsology.
- Courses and games for ear training and music theory.
- Movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts.
- Play instruments online including virtual guitar, piano, pan flute, drums, and bongos.
- Chrome Music Lab is a website that makes learning music more accessible through fun, hands-on experiments.
- Introductory and intermediate music theory lessons, exercises, ear trainers, and calculators.
- Kids Think Design explores careers in fashion design, graphic design, interior design, book design, product design, film and theatre, architecture, animation, and environmental design.
- Space science for kids at NASA.
- Activities, animations, projects, simulations, videos at American Association of Chemistry Teachers.
- Science simulations, scientist profiles, and other digital resources for middle school science and high school biology.
- Collisions helps high school students visualize and interact with chemistry concepts through fun and challenging games.
- Empowering students to be authentic science problem solvers at Tyto Online.
- 3D printing projects and Coding projects, involving math and other K-12 subjects at Instructables.
- Coding for ages 4-10.
- Science Journal for Kids and Teens.
- Homeschool science resources and printables.
- This NASA initiative covers a wide range of topics including weather, climate, atmosphere, water, energy, plants, and animals.
- K-5th Science lessons.
- K-12 STEM at Concord.
- Innerbody teaches the internal mechanics of the amazing human body.
- Learn computer science and coding K-12.
- Science and math labs, simulations and videos.
- 80+ do at-home science activities at Elemental Science.
- Learn physics online at Positive Physics.
- Learn physics online at Physics Classroom.
- Science experiments that you can do at home.
- STEM Activities for Kids at Science Buddies.
- Everything needed to learn computer programming the fun way! Ages 5+
- Learn all about the periodic table.
- Test kids’ geography skills. Using images from Google’s Street View, it puts players in the middle of the street and asks them to figure out where they are. GeoGuessr.com
- Free videos from around the world from grade 3-12 at Project Explorer.
- 35,000 pages of online content on the cultures and countries of the world at Country Reports.
- Tour the Louvre virtually.
- Tour the Smithsonian’s zoos or museums virtually.
- Take an inside tour of the MET museum.
- Take a virtual tour of the Great Wall of China.
- This educational website hosted by the Smithsonian Museum takes a deep dive into ocean life.
- Tour the British Museum.
- Tour Yellowstone National Park.
- Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover.
- Learn all about earthquakes.
- Farmer’s Almanac for kids! Learn about weather, moon phases and more.
- Interactive video earth science-based curriculum supplement.
- Tour Canadian farms virtually.
- Play games and learn all about animals at SwitchZoo.
- Explore space, science and learn all about animals at National Geographic Kids.
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo and Conservation Biology Institute.
- Watch live Alaskan Wildlife cams.
- San Diego Zoo Kids.
- All about Birds.
- Games, quizzes and fact sheets take kids on a journey through time at BBC Kids.
- Kids encyclopedia.
- Canada’s History.
- Online history classes for all ages preteen through adults.
- Allows students to type in any city, state, or country to view an archive of historical photographs and other documents at What Was There.
- Learn about the U.S. government at Ben’s Guide.
- An interactive way to learn American history.
- Learn French at DinoLingo.
- Resources for Spanish practice.
- Chinese learning activities.
- Music Based Spanish Learning
- Vocabulary, grammar, listening activities and games in Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Korean, and Latin at Conjuguemos.
- Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing at Scholastic.
- Phonics skills at Starfall.com.
- Play with fave show characters and learn too at PBS kids.
- Read, play games, and hang out with Dr. Seuss.
- Free Printables for PreK-Grade 2.
- A large selection of fun songs to help teach preschool and kindergarten students.
- Online digital colouring pages.
- Free printables library with activities for children 0-6 at Little Spark Company.
- Phonics and learning to read at Reading Eggs.
- PreK-5 games for all subjects at Turtle Diary.
- Quick and easy at-home projects curated for kids 2 and up.
- Resources, tools, ideas, and activities geared toward the healthy development of kids OT Toolbox.
- Education for kids all topics at Ducksters.com.
- Education for kids 3-11 at Oxford Owl.
Full learning websites K-12
- PreK-12 digital media service with more than 30,000 learning materials at PBS Learning.
- Quizlet is a student and teacher online community for every subject.
- Science, Math and Social Studies.
- 2,500+ online courses from top institutions.
- Free and fun digital education for children.
- Printable worksheets and activities for kids.
- Online education program for kids through high school at Khan Academy.
- 7,000 free videos in 13 subject areas at HippoCampus.
- Educational digital games K-12.
- Daily lessons and educational activities that kids can do on their own.
- Digital learning content for preschool through high school.
- Test Prep for SAT, ACT, etc.
- Free homeschool materials covering phonics, reading, writing, spelling, literature, grammar, punctuation, art, and geography.
- BrainPOP is offering free access during school closures.
Fun games & activities for kids
- Wonderopolis is a place where natural curiosity and imagination lead to exploration and discovery in learners of all ages.
- Tons and tons and tons of games some learning some just fun at Crazy Games.
- Learn how to type!
- Funbrain offers hundreds of games, books, comics, and videos that develop skills in math, reading, problem-solving and literacy.
- Life skills curriculum for students in grades K-12. Their resources include strategies for teaching social and emotional skills.
- Online jigsaw puzzles where you can set the pieces from 6-1000+
- Knowledge Kids games.