Labour Day has passed, which means that fall is officially upon us. As sorry as I am to see summer go, however, I am even more excited about the fun fall activities to do with kids!
Need some ideas for making the most of this beautiful time of year with your family? Here are 20 fun activities to do with kids this fall.
20 Fun Activities to Do with Kids this Fall
1. Go Apple Picking
2. Use a Crayon to Do Leaf Rubbings
How to do this? Simply place a leaf under a piece of paper, remove the paper from a crayon, and lightly rub the side of the crayon over the paper.
3. Jump in Leaf Piles
4. Read Fall-themed Stories
“Apple Farmer Annie” by Monica Wellington, “Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf” by Lois Ehlert and “The Little Scarecrow Boy” by Margaret Wise Brown are three awesome choices.
5. Make Fall-themed Wreaths with Paper Plates and Colored Tissue Paper
6. Visit the Pumpkin Patch
7. Find Your Way Through a Corn Maze
8. Sort Leaves to Learn About Color
9. Take a Hay Ride
If you can’t find a hayride near you, at least pull the kids around the neighborhood in the wagon. Bonus points if you go through every leaf pile on the way.
10. Play Football in the Yard
11. Make Your Own Caramel Apples
You can find a tutorial on how to make caramel apples here.
12. Track the Changing Temperature and Sunset Times
13. Talk About Why the Days are Getting Shorter
14. Build Your Own Scarecrow
15. Make Your Own Apple Sauce
You can find a good homemade applesauce recipe here.
16. Carve a Jack-o-Lantern
17. Sing Halloween-themed Songs
18. Make Turkey Themed Crafts
For an easy turkey themed craft, have your kids trace their hands on a piece of paper. Add details to make their thumb the turkey’s head and their fingers the turkey’s body. Color.
19. Make a List of Things You are Thankful For
20. Bake Pumpkin Pie or Pumpkin Muffins or any apple recipes!
What are your favourite fun activities to do with kids this fall?
Wife and mom to two very energetic little boys, when Brittany isn’t busy chasing after her kidlets, you can find her reading, writing or sneaking chocolate so she doesn’t have to share–probably all of the above!