As the weather gets cooler and we’re spending more time indoors, it’s a good idea to reduce the dust in your house. Prolonged exposure to indoor allergens can cause a variety of symptoms, including coughing, congestion, sneezing, watery eyes and more.
There’s no way to entirely eliminate dust in your house, but there are ways to reduce the amount of dust you and your family breathe in every day. Here are 8 ways to reduce dust in your house.
8 ways to reduce dust in your house
1. Dust with microfiber cloths. This fabric is designed to trap dust and hold it. Using an old t-shirt, or feather dusters tend to move the dust around rather than actually getting rid of it.
2. Vacuum often. Vacuuming frequently cuts down on the amount of dust build up under furniture and in corners. Make sure to use a good vacuum with powerful suction.
3. Mop often. After vacuuming, mop your floors with a wet mop.
4. Wash your bedding often. Wonder why you’re waking up with stuffy noses? Dust loves to accumulate in sheets, blankets, pillows and blankets.
5. Beat your cushions and rugs once a month. Like your bedding, your furniture cushions and your rugs have a tendency to attract dust. Every three months, take your cushions and rugs outside and literally whack them with a stick to remove dust particles.
6. Clean your walls from top to bottom. Every few months, dust walls, trim and baseboards with microfiber cloths. Start from top to bottom, so you can collect dust that falls down as you clean.
7. Replace your old, dirty furnace and air conditioner filters.
8. Hire a duct cleaning company to clean your ducts.
I was lucky to have the Rowenta vacuum #DownWithDust team come in and help me get started on reducing the dust in my home. They brought an arsenal of their Rowenta vacuums, including:
Silence Force Extreme multi-cyclonic (2.5L) – 559.99$
Silence Force Extreme (5L) – 499.99$
Silence Force Extreme Compact (3.5L) – 399.99$
Delta Force Extreme Lithium 25.2 Volts (0.5L) – 279.99$
Made in France, Rowenta’s full line of floor care is designed to perform, with features that will keep homes allergen-free. Rowenta vacuum cleaners offer exceptional dust pick-up (DPU) — the most accurate way to measure the % of dust picked up from the floor.
Rowenta vacuums have been designed to enhance ergonomics with three levels of suction power. With a high performing engine, the vacuum collects dust from deep within the carpet fibers and flooring.
They have a three-level filtration system within the vacuums, so the air is 99.95% free of dust particles and other irritants (including allergens). Cleaning of the vacuum is simple and hassle-free too.
Rowenta’s Silence Force™ Extreme vacuums are also quieter than the average vacuum! At 65 dB(A), they are four-times quieter than the average vacuum.
Accessories include multi-floor head, delta hard floor brush, maxi turbo brush, sofa brush, easy brush duster, mini turbo brush, telescopic crevice tool, so you have the proper tools for any cleaning job. What’s amazing is Rowenta’s warranty; if you purchase any Rowenta canister vacuum cleaner, you’ll receive a FREE 10 year warranty.
Rowenta’s floor care collection is available at Hudson’s Bay, Sears, Home Outfitters, Bed, Bath and Beyond and London Drugs.
Enter to win!
Enter to WIN a free dust busting home cleaning session courtesy of the Rowenta Clean Team. Enter here now!