by Kelli Catana
Recently baby naming website Nameberry.com listed some of today’s hottest baby names, and it should come as no surprise that a lot of them have a celebrity connection. Celebrities not only dictate what’s hot in fashion and lifestyle trends, but their influence is so far reaching it can even affect what you name your baby. Think I’m exaggerating? This year Elula is the 38th most searched name on Nameberry.com and coincidentally happens to be the name of Isla Fisher and Sacha Baron Cohen’s youngest daughter. And who wants to bet that Harper will be one of the most popular names in the kindergarten class of 2016 thanks to Victoria and David Beckham?
It seems that the pressure for celebrities to come up with unique names for their offspring is just as intense as it is to come up with the perfect red carpet dress for the Oscars. Hollywood is definitely going through a baby boom right now with celebrities like Natalie Portman, Pink, Selma Blair, Alicia Silverstone, Kate Hudson, Mariah Carey and Victoria Beckham already giving birth, while celebs like Alyssa Milano, Tori Spelling, Mel B, Rebecca Gayheart and Jessica Alba still have their bun in the oven. And the most asked question about these babies is always ‘what’s the name?! ’
Here’s a list of my top 5 favourite celebrity baby names followed by my top 5 most interesting baby names. Does yours make the list?!
Top 5 Favourite Baby Names
1. Winter Harlow – the first daughter of Nicole Richie and Joel Madden, this is by far my most favourite celebrity baby name. Equal parts original, feminine and pretty, this name is as beautiful as the little girl who bears it.
2. Harper Seven – Victoria Beckham could have named her little girl anything and I think I would have liked it, but the name Harper is much more practical than I thought Victoria would have chosen. And I love Seven for all of the significance behind it.
3. The Jolie-Pitt Kids – I wanted to list Shiloh, but then I realized that I love all of the kids’ names. From Maddox, Pax, Zahara, Shiloh, and twins Vivienne and Knox I love that all the boys have the ‘x’ in common and the girls all have such beautifully unique names. Gorgeous names for a gorgeous family.
4. Violet and Seraphina Affleck – Jennifer Garner named her daughter Violet in 2005 and now it’s of course one of the most popular little girl names around. Her second daughter she named the equally pretty Seraphina and if rumours prove to be true, there will be one more Affleck baby to name in the coming months. Personally I’m partial to Kelli
5. Bingham “Bing” Hawn Bellamy – Kate Hudson delivered her second son just a few weeks ago and named him Bing. I don’t love the name so much as I love why his name is Bing. Father Matthew Bellamy posted on twitter that ‘Bingham is my mum’s maiden name and Bing Russell was Kurt’s dad. Family connections all round!” – Now I love the name even more!